Old September 20th 09, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_3_]

Default Naming is the game, and I suck at it.

You did give me my giggle for the week!! I am with Cheryl on this. I don't
name things. I have a rather crazy neighbour who names her trees, cars,
rocks and so on. Hence my aversion to naming a necklace or some such.

I just call them what they are.......copper Swaro pearl necklace, etc.
However when I mix in a lot of different beady things, I will say "it looks
African" for instance.

The woman who did the Vintaj pendant in the last Bead Style mag lives in BC
and I fell in love with that piece. I went to her website and she calls
each pendant by a first name........and a lot of them are weird!! My
necklace is called "Thora" by her.......not about to call it anything other
than my Vintaj and pearl pendant, LOL.

Cheers.....Heather

"Sterling" wrote in message
Does anyone else have a hard time coming up with names to call their
jewelry pieces?
I do, and I don't know why. Sometimes the name just comes to you, but
most times I am at a loss. I can sit here for hours and never come up with
a name to call this stuff. What the hell is wrong with me?

I started a word document where I list name, terms, sayings, and anything
that strikes me as a potential name for some jewelry piece - the right
piece. I just started to do this because I find it SOOOOOOOOO hard to
think of names for my pieces right when I need it. That's helped, but I
am still having a hard time of it.

Does anyone else have this problem? What do you all do to name your
jewelry pieces?

Sterling