Old August 27th 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jacqueline

Default "Drat", says newbie...

Jean, I must of missed the info on alzehemiers that you were going to
send, but I got so far behind in reading posts it would have been very
easy to do. Would you mail it to me at quilter at
mountain-breeze dot com please?

Jacqueline

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:39:49 -0400, "Jean B." wrote:

Jacqueline wrote:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:59:59 -0400, "Jean B." wrote:

Too bad the chocolate with erythritol (artificial sweetener
that doesn't have a laxative effect) seems to pretty much have
disappeared. It was quite good. I do see that there is some
available online, which folks seem to like though.

Jean, if you ever look at the sugar free items they are full of
carbs, and carbs turn to sugar which causes your blood sugar to go up
so they aren't really good for a diabetic either and one of the main
ingredients in them is sugar alcohol so that isn't a good exchange. I
pretty much just try to eat fairly low carb, not what someone on a low
carb diet would call low carb but what a diabetic calls low carb
whichi is around 100-125 carbs a day. Please don't go by the ADA diet
because, as my doctor said, "they thought they were helping people,
when in fact they were killing them." This was from an overload of
carbs. They recommend to this day 4 carb units with each meal, that
is around 60 carbs per meal. If I ate that many carbs for breakfast I
would die from a high blood sugar for sure, but it would not be good
for me at any meal. I limit my meals to 25-30, except for breakfast
which is only 6-9 carbs, carbs at breakfast affect me really bad.
Then I have a snack or two during the day to make up for that extra
25-35 carbs hanging around. I have not been out of range on the high
end in a long time. Can't say I haven't hit the long end a couple of
times, but mostly I stay like a normal non-diabetic person is.

Jacqueline who is so glad to get to time to post again but doubts she
makes it through over 600 posts today.

Jacqueline
http://www.mountain-breeze.com
Recipes and other fun things

I have been on a low-carb diet before, and I agree. (I have
been remiss too, sooo....)