Old January 22nd 04, 09:40 AM
porkchops

Peter W. Rowe pwrowe@ixDOTnetcomDOTcom wrote in message By the way, just
out of curiosity, what sort of condition is that stone
in?
Natural peridot is rather soft and fragile. I'd expect one worn in a
ring for
the last six years to be pretty abraded and scratched up.

The stone seems to be okay. Like I said, I don't do much rugged work
with my hands nor do I get my hands in anything that might cause any
damage to the stone. It's not a very big stone though and it's
embedded into the frame really well. So only the upper part of it is
exposed.

It does have a few scratches that only I can notice in good lighting,
from which I expected, by the way I handle it. Not that many
scratches and they aren't that bad.

I assume this is a real, authentic peridot. It's got a little piece of
what looks to be a piece of sand or dirt inside the gem.

It doesn't really look like oen of those fake ones.

I was told when I got this that it was a real rock.

Any other ways to tell?