Old November 11th 05, 05:35 PM
Marlys in Indiana

Default what is the deal with thimbles?

My fingers aren't tapered either. Also I occasionally have very long
nails - like right now - and a regular thimble really isn't possible to
use. I still have my mother's old regular thimble but I can't use it
even if my nails weren't long. I have a very simple plastic one that
has the opening for my nail and it works great for anything I do
with a needle. It is also very cheap but is the greatest that I've
found for my use. But, again, that's just me. See it he
http://files.quiltknit.com/images/notions/nt147.jpg
Ann in Maryland agrees with me on this one. Just what works for
us, I'd say. Again, as previously stated, "Your mileage may vary."
If I had the money I'd go for one of the Roxanne thimbles. (A dream
of mine, but I'm really not all that concerned about it coming true.)
Marlys in Indiana

"Bonnie NJ" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi,

It may be that my fingers are misshappen. The thimbles that fit my
fingertips leave very sore spots on my first knuckle and prevents only
allows me to sew for short periods of time. I'm looking for a thimble

that
will allow me to sew longer with no discomfort.

--
Bonnie
NJ
"DrQuilter" wrote in message
I see all these posts about thimbles and searching for the holy grail,

eer,
thimble. what is the deal? I have several thimbles I love, most of them
gotten at estate/yard sales for a few bucks, usually in a lot of sewing
stuff. according to the day, the heat, the size of my finger I use one or
another. I don't get it.. what is it you don't like about regular

thimbles?
--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)