Old November 11th 05, 01:11 PM
Georg

Default what is the deal with thimbles?

DrQuilter wrote:
I see all these posts about thimbles and searching for the holy grail,
eer, thimble. what is the deal? I have several thimbles I love, most of
them gotten at estate/yard sales for a few bucks, usually in a lot of
sewing stuff. according to the day, the heat, the size of my finger I
use one or another. I don't get it.. what is it you don't like about
regular thimbles?

Not everyone has a regular finger to fit into regular thimbles, or their
style of stitching is incompatible. It's one of those your mileage may
vary things.

Personally, regular thimbles fall off and I feel are very awkward on my
finger. I have trouble remembing to use the thimble to push the needle.
So I have never found a thimble I feel really comfy with. I think the
kind that would suit my style best would likely be a ring thimble, but
there is a leather thimble I liked (and promptly lost).

-georg