Old November 1st 03, 04:16 AM
nzl*

i've heard tell of some shops who will sell you the first block
fabric/pattern etc for $5. you sew it up, return the next month with the
block, stay and listen to some schpiel (sp?) at the shop and they will give
you the next months fab/pattern for free.
if you miss a month, you start at $5 again.
so they hope ya keep coming back, learning with each block and buying more
fabrics and stuff there eventually i suppose. for a dedicated beginner it
sounds like a perfect arrangement. you learn, get all the yrs blocks for a
total of the initial $5 and get lots of ideas/tips/meet new ppl who are
probably also beginners to play with.
you could start a wee group meeting in each others homes at mid month for a
tea/cakes, show/tell and discussions on quilting.
i guess you'd have to do some checking around your area to find a shop like
that.
theres also everything you could ever ask for free online about quilting,
including free BOM patterns of every style
and you got all of us here to bounce ideas off.
we looooooooove puttin in our twenty three cents, lol.
jeanne

"teleflora" wrote...