Old October 7th 15, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

Default Pine Trees and squares

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 09:22:12 -0700, morningdove2011 wrote:

Hello Brian,
The tree is made like flying geese pattern but with the wings to the
edge of the block on each side. Three sections and the tree trunk
section. 5 1/2 rectangle(top), 6 1/2 rectangle 2nd tier, and 3rd
tier 7 1/2" rectangle. The
4th tier is the tree trunk and back ground to the edge of block. Hope
you get the general idea. All 4 sections are 3 inches long.
Sandy$

Sort of, in that I know what a "flying geese" block looks like.

It sounds like what you are trying to make is a stylized pine tree, not a
"photo-realistic" one.

All I can say is that a google search with the search terms "pine tree
quilt block" or "flying geese pine tree quilt block" will yield
instructions on how to make a pine tree block that is based on a flying
goose pattern.

That is how I found the instructions for the block on about.com that I
referred to, and I think I found a few others as well.

Without a picture, I cannot say much more, and I really don't think
anyone else can either.

Brian Christiansen