Old December 14th 05, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Kittens scratching sofa

Mine would prolly end up needing a visit to the vet if I did that.

--
LN in NH (Who has been beading more than quilting in the last 2 years)

"Anne in CA" wrote in message
To keep kittens and puppies off of a piece of furnitu set a mousetrap,
lay it carefully on the place you do NOT want a fur baby and cover
(carefully) with one sheet of newspaper. Fur baby jumps up; mousetrap
snaps; fur baby runs and hides!

I've done this with both feline and canine babies with equally good
results.

A particularly persistent Labrador Retriever pup was treated to the
mousetrap without paper cover. After the first and only time it snapped at
him, just placing a mousetrap (un-set) anywhere would cause him to avoid
it. One trap on the bottom step would keep him from venturing upstairs!

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3
http://www.frappr.com/rctq

She in PA wrote:
I have three kittens one is 6 months old and the other two are 4 months
old. All of them like to law at the end of the sofa. I have tried
spraying them didn't work. I tried chasing them with a paper bag with
noisy things in it. I just looked like a fool running around the house.
Then when I sat the bag down they would go and play with it. I am getting
a new sofa is there any suggestions besides getting them de-clawed\? I
don't like doing that.

She in PA