Old December 8th 04, 10:22 PM
Kate Dicey

Debra wrote:

I just can't see an extra wide one staying up. The original poster is
talking about at least 64 inches wide and preferably 96 inches wide.
Add the weight of a quality decorating fabric and your average no sew
velcro is just not likely to hold up. I've never had good luck with
the sticky back velcro.
Debra in VA

Mine was less than 50" wide and about 40" long and made of light weight
glazed cotton with a similar weight lining on the back. There were no
poles across it, just a 1" wide wooden batten in the hem.

All things considered, I think 14-16 years wear wasn't bad for the
sticky back Velcro. I used a similar technique for the valances on the
4 poster bed on my web site. Of course there there would be no stress
on the valances: they might be taken off every couple of years for dry
cleaning,
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk