Old December 7th 04, 04:49 PM
Mike Behrent

The current (January) issue of Sew News has a good article on Roman shades.
wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm about to embark on the Roman Shade making project and want to make
sure I do this right. I've accesses a few sites with detailed
instructions and I still have questions:

1) What is the diff btwn using Velcro or other metal fastener? Velcro
seems like a good idea (I'm thinking easy to remove blinds to wash
them???) But is it strong enough for wide shades?

2) My shades will either be a one piece (96") or broken into two pieces
(32" and 64") - any suggestions? recommendations?
3) What is the batten? As opposed to a valance?
4) Can I make this without a sewing machine? And still have quality
results?

That's all I can think of right now...I appreciate any
feedback...Thanks!