Old July 18th 03, 12:50 PM
Wendy of NJ

A WHOIS lookup of the domain name yeilds this contact information:

Registrant:
Mohamed Abdel Rahman )
netinvest
53 Lebanon Street, Mohandesin, Giza
Cairo, 0058
EG
+20123134061

It was my understanding that many countries respect the copyrights of
other nations. I don't know the particular case for Egypt.

Usually image pirates will download the images to their own servers.
Linking to your servers is not only image theft, but BANDWIDTH theft as
well, and you are paying for that out of your own bandwidth allowance. I
think you can take this up with not only your ISP, but their ISP as well.

Good luck.

-Wendy of NJ

Melinda Tennielle wrote:
Forgive the crosspost, please. If you make mosaics or stained glass, and
have a website with images of your work, you may want to check this site
to see if they're stealing your photos:

http://www.egypt.tv/home_creation/

I am on a list whose members recently noticed this site, and it seems
most of the images are stolen - directly linked from other people's
websites. In fact, you can see that some of the artists have already
replaced the stolen images with warnings about the theft:

http://www.egypt.tv/home_creation/default.asp?LID=77
(near the bottom)

http://www.egypt.tv/home_creation/default.asp?LID=76
(about halfway down).

No one has been able to get in touch with this person, so if you do find
your image has been stolen, you may want to move or rename it, or put a
warning in its place.

M.