Old February 20th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Default What type of bead to use?

Lila, you could use plastic or lucite beads. They're pretty tough and I
imagine they would flex more than glass. Plastic beads come in lovely
colors and shapes nowadays... some even look like crystal with the way
they're faceted.

Here's a link to some larger plastic beads.... they're 20mm, 18mm & 15mm
http://www.bjcraftsupplies.com/beads/acrylic3.asp
And this link has LOTS of colors, with a $20 min. order...
http://www.facetedbeadart.com/beadery-faceted-bead.html

hugs,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs

"LilaDuncan" wrote in message
ups.com...
: On 19 Feb, 14:48, "Sue Walker" wrote:
: Have you thought about just using wooden beads? Maybe some
: can be found already painted -- or you could spray paint them
: yourself.... Just a thought.
:
: Thanks for the suggestion.
: Wooden beads will probably be quite tough by comparison with some
: brittle types of glass beads. I have this idea that the color and
: sparkle of faceted glass or crystal beads would add a lot to the
: visual effect. Whether there are some
: of these types of beads that are particularly tough, I've yet to
: learn.
:
: Kind regards,
: Lila Duncan.