Old February 20th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
JB

Default What type of bead to use?

The first thing that came to my mind is the big wooden beads kids use to
string with the thick cords. Glass breaks. There just isn't any tough
enough for a kid, so I wouldn't use it for a toy. I've seen acrylic beads
like you describe. Bet if you do a search you can find them.
Joan

http://bytheindigorabbit.com

"LilaDuncan" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 19 Feb, 14:48, "Sue Walker" wrote:
Have you thought about just using wooden beads? Maybe some
can be found already painted -- or you could spray paint them
yourself.... Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Wooden beads will probably be quite tough by comparison with some
brittle types of glass beads. I have this idea that the color and
sparkle of faceted glass or crystal beads would add a lot to the
visual effect. Whether there are some
of these types of beads that are particularly tough, I've yet to
learn.

Kind regards,
Lila Duncan.