Old May 11th 05, 11:26 PM
The Lady Gardener

Hi Fran

This is bobbin lace, done in a rather course thread in the Bedfordshire
style - the leaves worked in the overlapping manner is very typlical of this
lace. Lots of this table linen came out of China in the 1970's.

Hope that assists you.

Joanne in Perth (a lacemaker)

wrote in message
ps.com...
I recently bought some napkins that have a type of needlace in one
corner (I'm not sure if "needlelace" is the correct term). Would
someone be able to identify the style for me and tell me the correct
name. Here is a link to the two photos of the needlelace.
http://tinyurl.com/85kx7

Any help identifying this would be really appreciated.

Fran