Old January 4th 05, 01:08 AM
Julia in MN

I'm a Minnesota native who has been sewing for nearly 50 years and
quilting off and on for over 30 years. I really got serious about it
about 10 years ago and I haven't looked at another needlework or craft
project since. Most of my quilts are machine pieced and machine quilted.
I enjoy hand-quilting, but trigger finger in my right thumb keeps me
from doing a lot of it. I have also done some applique, both by hand and
machine. I always have at least 2 or 3 projects going. I have been at
handquilting a queen size jewel box quilt for about a year; I'm almost
done -- down to just the border on one side left; I can't work on it for
more than an hour or so at a time because of the trigger finger, so it
takes me a long time to get something done. I also am handquilting a
crib quilt made from blocks my mother embroidered; that is my portable
take-along project, so it doesn't go too fast. Someday, if my daughter
has a child, it will go to that baby. The major project right now is
machine quilting a queen size Trip Around the World; I'm enjoying using
variegated thread to do a lot of free-hand feathers. I should have that
done in a couple of days, so it will be on to something else.

I am a retired software engineer. I have been married 37+ years to a
school counselor, now retired. We have a son and a daughter, both
married. Our son and daughter-in-law have blessed us with a 4 year old
grandson and a 2 year old granddaughter, both really adorable kids whom
we don't see enough of

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/