Old July 23rd 03, 03:12 AM
Chris Carlen

Phil wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:37:26 GMT, m
wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions so far. A few more suppliers have been
approached and questions asked based on suggestions here but still no
luck. :-(

Oh dear, loks like he'll have to re-invest in a new torch (which
seems ridiculous, but that's life I guess).

Regards, Phil

Why don't you buy a standard O2 tank at a welding gas supplier, that
they specifically tell you that you can drop off when empty and pick up
a full replacement. The initial tank cost should be about $30-$40, and
refills very cheap.

This is how we do it in the US. The odd fittings on the smallest tanks
can be trouble. Which is why you should get something standard.

Now the next task is adapting the new tank to your existing hardware,
which with a little ingenuity you can do for far less money than buying
a new torch. Perhaps the welding gas supplier can make the adaptations
for you, if you're not into that sort of thing.

Good day!

--
Christopher R. Carlen

Suse 8.1 Linux 2.4.19