Old May 28th 13, 10:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default label removal update -

that is called keeping it food safe! LOL

On 5/25/13 7:08 AM, Rich wrote:
I have to say thanks for the suggestions! just bought a bird seed
scoop and it had a big label on it that would not come off. I soaked
it in water first and got the paper part off, then I coated it with
mayo and a few hours later the glue just rinsed off with the mayo!

Rich

On Thu, 23 May 2013 06:51:43 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

well - a combination of things is working - the duct tape thing didn't
work, but I ended up scoring the label and I resprayed with goo-gone
and left it in the sun.
Lo and behold - lifting along the score line. It worked! I've kept at it
now and I'd down to the last little bits. Not too worried about the few
scratches I added along the way. I will still be able to see what's inside.