Old September 13th 09, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
SteveB[_7_]

Default Newbie question

"Peter W. Rowe" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 12:49:06 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "SteveB"
wrote:

Also, Lapcraft and Crystalite are manufacturers, not places. they're generally
wholesale sellers, so what you'll likely find are resellers who carry those
brands.... They're primarily manufacturers of lapidary (stone cutting) diamond
tools of a number of sorts. Companies who's web sites you might check that
occur to me off hand, would be Kingsley North, Rio Grande, Gesswein, or others
who carry not just jewelry making, but lapidary supplies.

Thanks for the help. This is a simple deal, but as we live in a small rural
town, it will be much easier to mail order than go to town. Crystalite
doesn't even list a distributor in Utah.

Steve

The only sorts of retailers who'd carry this sort of thing would be jewelry or
lapidary supply shops. There aren't that many anyway, who are still "brick and
morter" shops in most cities. The internet is the place to look in any case,
which is what I was intending with those references.

Kinglsey North:
Core drills
http://www.kingsleynorth.com/skshop/....php?catID=192

Solid drills (I prefer the triple ripple ones from Crystalite, but all work.
Don't recommend the "twist drill" version for your use, at least not in my
experience...)
http://www.kingsleynorth.com/skshop/....php?catID=191

Interesting cheap, small core drill set from Rio. Don't know quality. They
also sell lots of the twist drills which I don't like so much for stone (fine
for glass and ceramic, but I find they dull too quickly with tough materials
like stone)
http://www.riogrande.com/MemberArea/ProductPage.aspx?assetname=349016&page=GRID&free_t ext|1252796012042=diamond+drills
(be sure you use the entire URL, including the bit after the word "text". My
mail program seems to want to break it there...)

More solid wire diamond drills
http://www.gesswein.com/catalog/cata...TOKEN=61888410