Old July 6th 03, 02:01 AM
Ditmar

Looks like this one's being beat to death.
.....Well, at least here are my 10 lashes.

Since I don't know the degree of the scratches, an old darkroom trick comes
to mind.
....."nosegrease" Some of the minor scratches in negatives can almost be
eliminated by touching the negative with a finger you first rubbed on your
"greasy" nose, and then polished in.

Same principle applies. If you can't get rid of 'em..... Hide 'em as best as
possible.
Try putting on some wax / polish / oil of choice and buff the surface. If
you don't like the idea of a new monitor...... Try to hide the scars.
Ditmar

"Cheryl" wrote in message

so you guys think i should chuck it out? I seriously doubt it will
blow up/implode...

CHUCK it and buy a new monitor
the amount of work - and likelihood of success is not worth the trouble.

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/