Old September 7th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Default New space for quilting

I bought a Sylvia designs table last fall and I really love it. The
model I got is the 1600 which I liked because the sewing machine area is
wider than most so you can sit centered on the needle. Also it has more
foot room - some are pretty squishy. The back has the drop leaf so you
have a fairly large sewing table when it is fully open. The lift works
great and you can order inserts for different machines.

marcella

In article . com,
"Elizabeth in Clayton,NC" wrote:

So, my question for you is... do you have any suggestions on brands or
places to buy? I have 3 criteria and looked at one yesterday that met
them... Before I commit, I thought I would ask you all.

I am looking for
1. A drop leaf on the back to hold the quilt after it passes the
machine.
2. A lift system
3. Cabinet designed so i am centered in front of needle when seated...
not the center of the machine.

It is great to see familiar names here... even if you don't remember
me!

i look forward to more postings.

Elizabeth in Clayton, NC