Old March 9th 11, 05:57 PM
Jules Jules is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Sounds great! Have you got a thermocouple system worked out
yet? I haven't looked into what's available (or affordable)
off-the-shelf for easy interfacing to a controller.

I suppose if your controller has 2 A/D inputs you could use
one for the TC and one for a reference junction measurement,
and do the corrections in software.
Yes, I'm using the K-type with the AD595; expensive but less hassle, the Ad595 has it's own cold-point compensation;
I had small problem with noise but I made it stable by filtering it out in software,
hopefully this will remain so when switching the 21 amps on/off.
I also have an offset table for +- adjustment for trimming if required.

I'd like not to use the AD595 as it's quite expensive as chips go; my idea is to use as few components
as possible and make it as cheap as possible.

The interface side i'm not decided yet, after seeing your site I was thinking of using a
simple audio jack to send data back and forth, as even modern computers have them and a audio jack cable is very cheap to buy.

I'm not an electronics engineer so all this is new to me.