Old October 26th 04, 01:02 PM
Kate G.

Another thought... dampen the block and try to stretch it gently as you
iron it -- being careful not to stretch it out of square -- but sometimes
you can pull blocks out a bit -- multiple seams tend to "pull up" a blocks
dimensions -- and wetting and a gentle tug while ironing can sometimes help!

Good luck!

Kate in Michigan

"She in PA" wrote in message
I have on my webshots site my first two blocks I have ever made for my

first
quilt. The problem is the Jacob's Ladder Block is not 12 and 1/2 inches,

it
is slightly smaller. I but the sashing and corners on the Bow tie block it
looks great. Now to fix the Jacob's Ladder. Would I pin the sashing so

that
the seam allowance of the block is short compared to the seam allowance of
the sashing? I hope you understand what I am meaning. Like my sashing

would
be a 1/4" seam allowance and my block would have 1/8" seam allowance.

Would
that be the right way to fix the problem? My instructor told me we could
fudge it to fix it, but didn't say how. I will call her next time she is

in,
but I would like to get it together.

She