Old November 21st 04, 01:46 AM
LdyTegan

I always think that it`s far better to "killfile" a THREAD, rather than a
poster, don`t you?

Yes, I do. But for a while, it seems that I've been ignoring far more than I've
been reading. I love reading this group and have found few bright spots,
lately.

Much as I like to hear it, I`m sure you can`t really love EVERYTHING about
Britain ;-)) - we don`t!!!

I found some things to be very different, but overall, I loved everything I
saw. So much so that I do intend to try and move there when I no longer have
any obligations here. There's enough history on that one small island to keep
me happily poking about for the rest of my life.

Possibly because I live in the Midwest, where Mom, Apple pie and the Flag are
still very much bandied about, I do have a hard time making that fine
distinction between a nation and it's people.

I bet there are many people in
the ng who you`d avoid like the plague if it came to actually meeting them
and not always the ones you argue with. Quite often I find that those are
the ones I`d really love to spend a day with! Those who are all sweetness
and light are unlikely to be good company or fun!

Yes, again. I tend to overanalyze anything I've written, looking for where I
may have inadvertently said something that may hurt someone else's feelings.
Knowing I wear my heart out on my sleeve, I tend to assume (wrongly, I know)
that others do, as well. I really wouldn't want anyone here to change anything
about themselves or the way they post. And yes, I suspect that if I could host
a Get Together of my favorite posters, I'd love every minute of it, even while
I was trying desperately to keep fur from flying! (does create an interesting
mental image, eh?)

I dunno.. Gillian just struck a chord and I thought, eh.. haven't posted much
in a long time and here's why... none of them truly valid reasons, just
reasons, I suppose.
Tegan

Who we are never changes. Who we think we are... does.
- Unknown