Old November 20th 04, 06:05 PM
Pat P

"LdyTegan" wrote in message
It seems to me that over the past several months, maybe a year, there has
been a steady decline in postings.

Speaking strictly for myself, I think the whole "tone" had been
uncomfortable
for some time. All the political debate in the last year made me cringe.
All
the International Pot Shot Exchanges have dampened my enthusiasm for
discussion. All the arguing and sniping back and forth give an armed camp
feeling.

I don't for a minute think the ONLY topic should be needlework. I would
just
like to see a return to a friendlier environment.
Earlier this year, there was quite a bit of Bash America(ns) going on.
Having
been quite honest regarding my love and admiration for All Things British,
my
feelings were hurt enough that I just withdrew, rather than try to post
any
response...............................

Reading the ever constant bickering between "regular" posters, all of whom
do
have the "right" to post, wears a person out. All the squabbling about who
called who a nasty name seems so beneath us. Or it should be. The "I have
So-and-So killfiled" remarks just seem to add fuel to the ongoing spats.

Tegan

I always think that it`s far better to "killfile" a THREAD, rather than a
poster, don`t you? If you don`t like the way it`s going, it at least does
away with "having" to read it. If you don`t like arguing/discussing, the
answer, as you demonstrate, is just not to get involved and "wear yourself
out".

Much as I like to hear it, I`m sure you can`t really love EVERYTHING about
Britain ;-)) - we don`t!!! As for American bashing, I`m pretty sure that
most of us are happy enough with Americans as individual people - but have
some reservations about them as a nation at times - which is entirely
different!

You`re dead right about politics - this is certainly not the place for
them - there are surely newsgroups enough dedicated to just that.

As has been said time and time again,you can`t like everyone in the world -
some people instinctively get your back up. I bet there are many people in
the ng who you`d avoid like the plague if it came to actually meeting them
and not always the ones you argue with. Quite often I find that those are
the ones I`d really love to spend a day with! Those who are all sweetness
and light are unlikely to be good company or fun!

Pat P