Old July 9th 04, 06:29 AM
Carla

See, this is why a lot of those kinds of studies make me crazy. Look
around here and see people who might be isolated if they weren't on
line, but there's a study saying the computer isolates people.

So sometimes, it seems, whoever is conducting these types of surveys,
they're looking in the wrong places for their answers; or, in the case
of the internet, they're using "isolated" to mean no face-to-face
contact, since words on screen don't really count, or something. Feh.

Cheers,
Carla (happy to be "isolated" with so many fabulous folks)

Dr. Sooz wrote:

'cause I'm saying that in my case, computers are what prevent me from
being isolated.

-Kalera

Me too. I find it terribly daunting to get out and about much of the time. I
need the human contact computers give me to maintain any semblance of a social
life.
~~
Sooz