Old July 9th 04, 05:35 AM
Michael Curtis

Thats another good reason to avoid phones. I have met so many people online
with a phone avoidance. I realize not everyone has the same reasons, and its
interesting and enlightening to out myself then hear why its hated by
others. One woman had a hearing impairment and people tended to mumble.
I think I just like the subject of why people turn to, and find the
internet a more comfortable medium for communication. Its a fascinating
topic.
Diana, wondering if a cell phone with an ear bud might help when the phone
is a necessary evil for Sooz

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
And the phone hurts my neck. Something I consider always when talking on

the
(Satan's spawn!) phone.....Really good points, BTW, Diana dearest.

Im not trying to be argumentative, but phone avoidance is not weird, its
often a symptom of social phobia. Im going to guess that it isnt just

social
phobics who avoid using the phone but I have met (and have been) one of

many
I have met online who much prefer email to phone conversations. My theory

is
that while email takes away 2/3 of the communication which happens face

face its anonymity is more comfortable than using the phone, which
eliminates just the visual clues which help us *read* another person's
feelings. For me, this is a very uncomfortable situation.
Diana

~~
Sooz