Old July 9th 04, 05:28 AM
Michael Curtis

You pay the bill. The phone is meant to be there for 'your' convenience, not
the caller's. It feels good to recognize that and not jump like Pavlov's
dog.
Voice mail is a good thing.
Diana

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
There is this notion, rampant among our society, that every human has
the right to MAKE A BELL RING in any other human's house, WHETHER THEY
ARE ACQUAINTED OR NOT, and that furthermore, the ringee has a social
obligation to trot over and pick up the phone, and offer the ringer some
kind of chitchat.

I find this whole process mind-boggling. ANY jackass in the country can
make a BELL RING in my living room, and I'm supposed to drool. I am even
subject to chastisement "You never answer your phone! It's rude to just
let it ring!" if I don't.

Nonono. It's MY house. I am not a servant, I do not answer the beckoning
of bells. If the phone rings and I'm available, relaxed and in the mood,
I'll answer it. Otherwise, the sheer inhuman wierdness of a plastic bone
with a voice coming out of one end will keep me far, far away.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay