Old November 24th 04, 10:25 PM
Paul Harrop

Hi, Iv'e been experimenting for a number of years, and I've found most
things burn up in the kiln, I've used things like polenta which leaves a
pitted effect. I've also used gum leaves (I come from Australia) in plaster
which allows me to have the leaves as positives (raised up) instead of
negative (leaves an impression) in the clay I place on the plaster. The skys
the limit, you could use anything you can lay your hands on, my cats don't
like it when I get a glint in my eye!!

best of luck
Paul
"Slgraber" wrote in message
one time i squeezed clay thru a garlic press and pressed the long

clay-hairs
onto the side of a cylinder. as i stretched out the cylinder many of the

hairs
stood up. some flew off. this made a really crazy looking pot! hard to

pick
up, but fastenating.

steve

Subject: Texture ideas please
From: "Meridith Davis"
Date: 10/23/2004 5:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time
yeah they would. Will have to try lotion on one and see if that works.

steve graber