Old November 2nd 04, 04:07 AM

I saw Byron Temple use a wavey wire cheese cutter. make the walls of
the pot one inch thick. then cut veritcal facets in to the pot with the
cheese cutter. a wavy wire cheese cutter makes wavy lines.

I like to make a thick slip, and use a felet knife. I apply the slip
on to the pot as if I were icing on a cake. don't apply the slip too
thick. I like to use a white porciline slip on dark clay. when the
slip hardens place the pot on the wheel and trim the rim and base of
the pot. or use a triming tool the carve designs throught the hardened
slip