Old November 16th 05, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery

Default Röhmertopf?

"Xtra News" wrote in message

"dkat" wrote in message
They are not supposed to be glazed. They are supposed to be soaked in
water before putting food in them and then put in the oven. It is part
of the cooking method. The food is steamed and then dry roasted which is
a bit odd. I found that I wasn't fond of mine. I have heard good things
about the tagines mentioned.

Donna

Yeah I prefer the tagines. ) They look really cool too and are fun to
throw.

Do you use yours in the oven or on the stove top? What clay body do you
use? I assume they are glazed inside and out...