Old September 29th 05, 08:29 AM
Roberta Zollner

Love it! Good border too, except I would have had the geese flying around in
a circle. Does one still call them geese if they aren't 45 degrees?
Roberta in D

"Nann Hilyard" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I like to see the Q'Cache blocks made up -- especially when
someone has made an entire quilt. Here's a particularly
nice version of a very scrappy JL:
http://www.quilterscache.com/images12/danasscrappJL.jpg

Nann

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
news9o_e.6761$GK2.367@lakeread07...
Focus on Design Feature has been on vacation this summer. Time to
bring it back!! For the newbies, Focus on Design is my
every-once-in-awhile posting to start discussion on a specific
pattern or style. Let's keep to the designated topic, please.
This is not the time to discuss chocolate (really!!) nor is it
the time to wander off into social issues or movie stars. Save
all that for another thread, thankyouverymuch!!

Okay, now let's open the discussion on a popular traditional
block, Jacob's Ladder Block. I have made this block in graphic
solids. The triangles and background squares are white or black,
alternating between blocks. The 'chain' squares are the colors of
m&m's candy! I need to add borders, and finish this twin size
project. It is bold and cheery. Has anyone else made a Jacob's
Ladder quilt? Need a block diagram? Here is one version:
http://www.quilterscache.com/J_L/JacobsLadderBlock.html

TTFN, PAT in VA/USA