Old July 10th 03, 03:06 AM
David & Barbara Schmidt

They are basically like a black-eyed pea, but they're purple! I don't
really like them but my hubby does.

Babs

DDM wrote:
The dinner at your in-laws does sound yummy......I think. What are purple
hulls?

Dee in LeRoy, Ny (where the new neighbor just dropped off some radishes)

"David & Barbara Schmidt" wrote in message

Last weekend my hubby and I went to his parents out in East Texas.
Besides having BBQ Brisket (that she bought for 39cents a pound!) we had
homegrown corn, tomatoes, green beans, and purple hulls. For dessert she
made a angel food cake and we had peaches from a nearby orchard. I have
never eaten so many peaches. YUMMY!

We bought a 9.4 pound brisket from her (paid a whopping 3dollars and
something), and came home with homegrown tomatoes, zucchini, and green
beans. Wish I could have come home with some of those peaches!

Everytime we go down there we come home with stuff for our freezer. This
time we could barely fit it all.

Babs

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad
judgment." --Barry LePatner