Old May 28th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default sweet break -- microwave snack cake

On 27 May 2007 15:36:39 -0700, Mary wrote:

I'm sure you have all seen those single-serving "bowls" of cake to
make in the microwave. They're pretty good, but rather expensive.
Well, I had a spare cake mix sitting around, and decided to see if I
could make my own snack cake, and it's delicious! It's also very
easy, and inexpensive. All you do is mix a half cup of the cake mix
with a quarter cup of water, put it into a smallish microwave
container, and nuke it on High for a minute and a half. Yeah, the
cake mix says you need to add eggs, oil, and water, but for this you
don't! This is easy, delicious, quick, and very low cost, and you can
make several from a single cake mix. What a great little break from
stitching!

Is it gooey when done or does it need icing?

Debra in VA
See my quilts at