Old January 29th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

Default Time for another Roll Call?

Val wrote:

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
As Cornwoman wrote 'Now I want to
know more about each of you! Please tell!!

and we seem to have a flurry of new posters, is it time for a general
Roll Call, so that newbies can see who we all are.

So here is mine:

Retired to the Suffolk coast in England from Nottingham in 2001, so of
advancing years!

Also retired but my years are so far advanced that they now look to be
retreating in the review mirror. Not married for more years than most two
couples put together have been. Children? I had my house sprayed but they
keep coming back. One QI, 19 years old who considers a good hard purr reason
for power nap.

If I was any further into the Northwest corner of the USA I'd need a
waterproof case for my passport.

I do not quilt, nope, not me......'cept this little Crazy Quilting thing
(CRAZY being the key word here) I seem to have been sucked into, stitching
little bits, embroidering that.....a few trims and beads, MORE trims and
beads.....seeking out charm packs...eyeing doilies when invited to
tea......checking out hair-bobs on the bus.....picking up buttons from the
sidewalk...wondering if that 5 year old would miss the ribbon in her
braid...are 4 sewing machines enough.....I need more stuff.....and
chocolate, and a cool cloth for my neck.....I need to lay down....NEXT!

Val

I'll post my roll-call in a bit, just letting everyone know I'm
alive, albeit with a very sore toe, and trying to catch up after
3 days in Canberra. Wasn't shopping, was shooting.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol