Old January 29th 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

Default Time for another Roll Call?

Okay, Sally, I'll go!
I'm Debi, live in central Florida, work at a veterinary teaching hospital in
the radiology department. Do I like animals? Nah...;-) I have 4 feline QI's
Ernie of the Many Toes (22 total), a black and white fearless monstrosity
that knows how to 'sit pretty' and 'wave' for treats, or just when he wants
attention; Jamie, the orange long haired patriarch, named for a book
character with red hair and an attitude; Phoebe, a round little black cobby
kitty, who, at three years of age, still suckles at night on her 'ninny
pillow'. She was orphaned at an early age. And last, my little paranoid
Emma, a blue-grey and white shorthaired kitty who was discovered in a
shopping cart outside the Family Dollar Store nearly three years ago. My
lone canine QI is Clifford, the Medium Red Dog who is simply the best dog
ever, except for his desire to clean the yard of the 'debris' other cats
leave behind. I am married, my DH being a tech junkie, and constantly
tearing down and fixing his computer, and mine (hooray!) My only complaint
in that area is that he installed a new video card on my computer and I
cannot for the life of me get the colors correct on it now. Ugh...
Next...
--
Debi

"I think not", said Descartes, and promptly disappeared.

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
As Cornwoman wrote 'Now I want to
know more about each of you! Please tell!!

and we seem to have a flurry of new posters, is it time for a general
Roll Call, so that newbies can see who we all are.

So here is mine:

Retired to the Suffolk coast in England from Nottingham in 2001, so of
advancing years!

Two big children, neither still at home. Richard 33 has lived with his
girlfriend and her three children for 5 years so it seems pretty
permanent. He works in computers (thank goodness!). Rachel is 37 and
lives with her husband Tim, an airline pilot, in central England. She has
her own Personal Training business, but I think she has given up having a
beautifully slim and fit mother!

DH Mike is into ornithology in a big way - birdwatches, rings birds for
migration stats, does conservation work, so I am left to stitch! (and
garden).

QI Inspector No 1 is Hodge who is a white cat with a grey tabby mask,
hat, cloak and tail. He is assisted by 2 year old Mia (who is black and
white and would rather be doing other things), and her brother Kiwi who
shows great promise. Kiwi was supposed to be all black, hence his name
the New Zealanders will understand. However, he is a bit of a clown so
grows a long very fluffy brownish coat for winter, with a big
mane like a lion and an enormous tail. He retains his pitch black
face and legs though! In the summer he is black and short haired and looks
considerably smaller.

Have sewed for ever, lots of embroidery, but only started quilting about 6
years ago when my sister died and left me her board, rotary cutter, lots
of bits and pieces and small stash. She only had one or two things
unfinished but I thought I would learn to use the board and cutter so I
could finish her things properly. However.... the stash has grown and so
has the pile of UFOs - and I seldom embroider!

I've just had a sort out of my Webshots, so its fairly up to date. At the
moment I am concentrating on the 'Singing the Blues' and have spent the
evening appliqueing leaves - lots and lots of leaves!

Chocolate - officially nil as I am dieting, but ........ (Personal Trainer
is too far away to see!).

So .. open to everyone else!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk