Old June 14th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default LQS Complaints--Other shoe; same foot.

In article ,
"Cats" wrote:

Some of these made me grin - and some made me groan. All
rang a bell!!

They have been fun to read!

Customer in front of me in clothing store a few years ago: "
I don't know which one to choose. I'll pay you now (for one
only!) and bring back the colours she (daughter at home)
doesn't like tomorrow."

Oh my gosh! The things people think up. When I worked retail years ago
in a dress department people did do amazing things. I don't know if
they don't get how dishonest they are or if they just didn't care.

I detest cell phones. The last time I chaired a meeting and
a cell phone went off I held up my hand for silence and
looked straight at the talker to let him know we would all
listen in to his conversation. He didn't take the hint, and
the phone rang again. Fortunately I outranked him so I just
told him that he was clearly indispensable and that he
should go back to his workplace. AND HE GOT OFFENDED (for
all the good that did him - LOL).

Hilarious! Last guild meeting the phones rang and rang. Drove me nuts.
I think they need to bring back the announcements to turn them off or at
least on vibrate but perhaps those went away because someone got
offended.

The other day we had a little family wedding shower for my niece (she
and her finance just hit the courthouse with their parents so we didn't
get a chance to do anything beforehand) The phone rang, her mom handed
it to her and she chatted while we were all waiting for her to finish
unwrapping a gift. sigh. Finally off the phone, opened said gift.
Phone rang again and a conversation of at least 5 minutes went on while
we sat waiting. She put the phone down next to me. I very quietly slid
it off the table, into my lap and removed the battery. :-) No more
interruptions. Battery went back after dessert. Yes, I can be an evil
aunt but sheesh.

marcella