Old February 20th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - cold weather food and beverage questions

In article .com,
"Tina" wrote:

I have discovered that I am a tea addict. Have loved the stuff for
ages, but have discovered recently that I must have my afternoon tea.
About 2 in the afternoon, if I haven't started the tea kettle for a
English Teatime or a Constant Comment... I start to lose steam and feel
a bit sluggish!

question #1. Dh and I are having a bit of a tit-a-tat as to true
"English" tea. He swears "with lemon" - I'm sure my friend from
England told me a spot of cream. I'm just one dollop of honey
myself, but have discovered lately that I like the occasional spot
of cream in my tea. So which is it?

I've never heard of anyone putting cream in tea - milk is usual here,
most often low-fat. I detest milk in any form so I just have tea
very weak and with nothing in it - I prefer green teas or at any rate
less-than-dark-brown ones.

Tea consumption in the UK has been in steady decline for years.