Old August 18th 03, 02:14 AM
Dawn in Alberta

You read it right the first time , I came here before I truly ever started.
I am not counting the helping the friend thing, cause she didnt like what
I did. I sewed the seems to big and the block turned out to small, she read
me the riot act. It was my first time ever working on a quilt top with no
instructions other then to sew the lines straight and make sure they match.

But here I am with one quilt top made from start to finish by me, (and I am
not counting the panels cause I just had to hand quilt those). And its All
your guy's fault I think you all need to owe me chocolate now ( second
thought its to hot for chocolate, FQ's will do nicely )

Dawn
--
When life gets you down , Get up and Mambo
John Candy
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Does this mean you came here before you started ever quilting or am I
reading it bass ackwards?
This is a truly good story too. Thank you Dawn!
Diana, truly that bored.

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Dawn in Alberta" wrote in message
. ca...
Oh boy this is going to be a good one Diana, are you sure your that

bored?

Anyways as to how I found this neat little section of the universe , I

was
checking out the rec newgroups one day back in 2001, and saw this group
decided to check out and some how got stuck here. Reading the post of
Backwage and Mister Bear, Kate, Butterfly, LN and the rest kicked up my
interest into quilting.
I helped in the making of a quilt a friend was making for her DIL. I

have
always liked sewing and wanted to see if I could do it. Plus I love

color
and what other way can you get to feel color and see it come alive other
then in quilting. Watching the blocks take on a life of their own its
amazing.

As to why I stay. Where else can you find other people that you can call
friends and not get judged as to what you look like, what your income

level
is, or why you arent married yet or why you live where you live. I like

the
people here, some I am finding are as strange as I am. If any one has a
question they get answers, if someone is hungry they get fed, and every

one
is there to lend a shoulder to cry on, to give out hugs and support no
matter what is happening.

To what I hope to discover in my quilting oddesy, I just want to be able

get the quilts out of my head and make them real. I want to find my own
limits. If the quilts make me happy and others happy, then I have done

what
I wanted to do.
But dont get me wrong , lol, I am my own worst critic so it takes alot

make me happy when it has to do with something I make.
Well thats my little story, So Diana get better soon as the blue Luna's
should only happen once in a blue moon ? Sorry I couldnt help myself lol
and yes this is coming from another Luna.

Dawn