Old August 18th 03, 01:26 AM
Joy Quilts

Hi Diana!

I'm glad you're recovering well =). Here's my story for you and it's the
absolute truth - you may be shocked when you read it!

How I came to post at RCTQ:
Remember e-mail address was "Chaingang" at first? You ask why? Because I
was ready to harvest e-mail addresses and spam everyone in a get rich quick
scheme. Cold hearted and just wanted some cold hard cash. You probably
know the scheme. It's the one where you "sell" e-mailed reports for $5 each
and you sell so much, it compounds, and sooner than you know it, you're out
of debt, have tons of money in the bank and just get more.

Well, I had to lurk before posting my spam e-mail, right? I didn't post
here but of course I posted elsewhere - I was naive, you know! Of course it
didn't work. But I kept reading posts here and really enjoyed this group of
people. Decided to nix the whole get rich quick stuff and stay and get some
quilting questions answered.

Why I stay:
I've gone to other lists since then but this one is truly the best! Lots of
experienced quilters as well as new quilters like me, so the questions that
get posted are usually ones that I'd like to ask, too. The advice is great!
I've built up a library of "necessary" books based on what others have said
are good books to have. I've improved in my machine quilting as well as my
machine piecing. Of course, I've made friends here, including you, Diana,
and wouldn't dream of leaving. If I don't post often, it's because of the
three little ones, my full time job, and my now part time job to try and
make ends meet.

How I came to be a quilter:
I've sewn since I was 11 when my mom sent me to sewing school one summer.
I've been sewing garments and crafts since then. I decided to take up a
Hawaiian Quilting class at work (1998 I think), where they try to keep the
Hawaiian culture alive. Being part-Hawaiian, I thought it would be a good
thing to do. Then I got a pattern off the internet and made a quick baby
quilt for DD1. Couldn't stop since then!

What I hope to find in my quilting futu
I would like to get better at machine quilting. So far I can stipple and
meander but I've never drawn a design and quilted it. So that's next.

--
A Joy in Hawaii
http://community.webshots.com/user/joyquilts
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my spirits

up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent energy to

do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me if

you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you stay,

and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these ..

then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored