Old August 12th 03, 08:31 PM
julia sidebottom

Hello again Cheyne,
Dropping out of a college or university can be a terrible waste of
money especially mid way through a class. Wasted $$$$ after just a few
weeks. Not the way I would like to use money. And as you know, I am
sure, that if you received grants or scholarships you lose them if
attendance or class schedule are not maintained. Education is one of
the only things someone cannot take away from you. That knowledge
belongs to each of us and no one else!
Things do have a way of working themselves out for the better. Mom's
condition my worsen over time because of a variety of variables. just
having your support (if even from a distance) will be so important. We
often speak of 'love quilts' you may even want to make a special 'love
quilt' just for your mom. No matter the workmanship I have little doubt
that she will cherish it coming from you.
I know you have spoken of bariatric surgery for her. Has she already
been evaluated to see if she is a candidate for this kind of surgery? I
personally was turned down.
Encourage her to continue her quilting, she may not be able to
exercise her body well but she can exercise her mind with quilting.
From what you tell us she is quite the excellent quilter. Who better
to have as a teacher... and she has taught you so much already.
I for one do understand you in these most difficult times and the
concerns you have about your mother. But it has been my experience that
regardless of how much we try to and do do for another person (mom here)
there are something's we just can't do anything about and things do work
out for the best, or work out the way they are suppose to without much
intervention, some grief, but they do work out.
With being so overwhelmed with all this you may want to take a step or
two back to take a more objective look at things and be able to
determine better just what it is that you can do for her.
Try not to be to hard on yourself.
juliasb

Cheyne wrote:
I can definetly work and go to school.. no problem.. it gets to be a
bit much.. its hard working and going to school both full time.. but I
was told by someone to quit school so I could give the money from that
to my mom... that person not realizing that regardless if I am there
or not I still owe 40 grand...

--

Remove (nospam) from address.

now...
come and journey with me from darkness....
.... into New Life http://www.nwlife.com