Old August 12th 03, 06:24 PM
Lynne in Toronto

Let me assure you that snits, flames and stomping off in hissy fits are
not exclusive to RCTQ, and that these very same things still happen in
smaller groups, all the time. The problem is more to do with the nature
of the net, I think, and the fact that words on a screen don't have any
expression, and can sound stronger than they were meant to, or, that it
is just easier to dash off a quick note without thinking it through the
way you would if you were talking face to face.

And of course, it's possible that some people just don't have any social
graces, and they are on the net in the first place because they don't
fit in anywhere else!

Of course, no one HERE fits that description.... do they???

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto

Marcella Tracy Peek wrote:

In article , Tina wrote:

NAME: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
REPLACES: rec.crafts.quilting
CHARTER: [unchanged] This newsgroup is for discussing anything related

to quilting. That includes piecing, applique, and tyeing and quilting

by hand or machine. Discussions may cover techniques,
supplies,equipment, drafting of patterns, templates, dyeing materials,
artistic approaches, exhibitions, shows, books and other
references, mail order resources, dating quilts and
appraising
quilts.
Discussions may include quilts and quilting both past
(historical quilting) and present, ethnic quilting, quilts to be used
in
a home, quilted clothing to be worn, as well as quilts created
for display and any other piecing or quilting applications

So I guess all of the off topic (such as diet talks and the like ) are
also forbidden by the charter ?vbg just wondering and playing alittle
devils advocate ( hoping to help put things in perspective
too).............

SMILE :-) Actually this very discussion once caused a very, very, very
big flame war causing a number of members to leave the group. Some
because they wanted to talk about everything but quilting Even More than
what goes on and some because they didn't want anything off topic At
All. Many mean and nasty things were said.

Thank heavens nothing of that scale has since happened.

marcella
survivor who knows how to skip posts and delete :-)

Having owned 4 different sewing email lists in the past , I have learned
to privately email people when they "commit an offense" and them cut
them some slack if it is their first time as the good lord knows we are
all human and make mistakes....it should be the repeat offenders that
are jumped on like bandits in the night.
So she committed a faux pau, now she knows better....life moves on and
so should we .....

just my personal 2 cents worth....