Old August 6th 03, 06:43 PM
Cheyne

I do work full-time... I WORK 60 HOURS a week.... as a pastry chef in
a restaurant in downtown Houston... I live in a CRAPPY apartment,
which I just moved into just so I could take a cut in rent... to help
my mom... I now live on the bottom floor so my mom can come visit me
because she cant walk up stairs at all..I cant take a semester off, I
am enrolled in a private college *Art Institute* where I have 40,000
dollars I owe regardless if I attend or not, my butt is signed into
that for life. If I take a semester off, they bill me for it as if I
was still attending, I also currently have a 4.0 GPA and have a few
women chef scholarships that ride on me being in attendance, or I will
lose those too... So in otherwords, you tell me to give up the only
chance I have to succeed in life to help my mom yet I am doing
everything I can to help her.... I get no sleep.. I work and do
homework all day long... I have no car... I am sewing quilt blocks to
TRY AND raise some extra money besides what I set aside from the cut
in my rent.... I am still a child... what can you say you knew at 22??
The same as you know now???? If thats the case then I should be a
genius?? I have a whole life to learn, and being 5 feet tall doesnt
help any.
My mom is over 100 lbs overweight... she has done the research believe
me... She knows this can help her, everything else hasnt... AT least
its a shot... You make it sound like, if you had a chance to survive
from cancer by getting chemo one more time, you wouldnt do it... just
because it COULD have the possibility of NOT working... Its worth the
try...

You arent trying to slam me, yet everything you said was a direct
slam... I am doing what I can.... I work, I MAINTAIN a 4.0 GPA, I cut
my rent back... I am living on a sandwich a day, sewing quilt
blocks.... and consistently attending all classes and school which run
from 7 in the morning to 11 at night...

I didnt ask to be hurt... and if anything... my feelings have just
been crushed... I didnt ask for you to give me money... I just asked
to trade... :*(

If you were hurt, you would want your daughter to do the same... or
would you be honored your daughter did this?? MY mom doesnt know I am
doing this for her... I just want to repay her for the love and
support she has given me...

CNYstitcher wrote in message ...
Cheyne wrote:

I was referred here by someone in another group in another place who
also posts here and said that this group likes to trade quilt blocks.

You really should say who referred you as this is not something that a
regular member would do

a daughter who is
only 22,

I am just a child asking for some help.

These last 2 statements are contradictory. A person who is 22 can no
longer be considered a child. Also, if the situation is so dire, not
returning to college for a semester might be a better option - instead,
what about working full-time to help earn the money needed to defray the
cost of medical treatment? Everything I have read has said that
gastric-bypass surgery is something that is *not considered for tha
majority of people, and they must be at least 100 pounds overweight.

In reading your original post, you have mentioned issues that affect my
mother as well - thyroid problems, blood pressure, arthritis. I am not
asking for help for my mother, but am doing everything I can to see that
she gets the help that she needs. She is still able to work, adn so she
does so. She takes medicine for her thyroid, which may or may not help,
medicines for depression and fibromyalgia, and who knows what else as
she has chosen NOT to keep me posted of her continuing medical troubles.
Several times, my DH and I have sent her money to help her out with
finances because she needed to use her money for doctors visits and
medicines.

I am not trying to slam you, just suggesting that, instead of furthering
your education (especially if there are children at home that your
mother is having difficutly taking care of), take time to work and earn
some money to help with everything. College will still be there.