Old August 5th 03, 11:30 PM
Sharon Harper

I too was feeling this way. Forgive me if I'm cynical but......

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy1
You wouldn't be trying to fool us now, would you, Cheyne?
You wouldn't want to cheat a bunch of nice little ol' quilters, right?

If it sounds like bull, and it does....

Ragmop/Sandy--this is my opinion, of course--YMMV

"Cheyne" wrote in message
om...
Please read this fully...... Thank you for your time!

My name is Cheyne, the eldest daughter of my mom. Growing up my mom
has always had problems with her weight but the past few years, things
have gotten bad for her. After having an emergency hysterectomy and
nearly dying from blood loss, she came home determined to make herself
better. Doctors have told her that the reason she has problems with
her thyroids, very high blood pressure and the slowing in her pace
come from the fact that she is overweight. She has seriously high
blood pressure that is difficult to control, even with medications and
the arthritis in her knees has become crippling.

She has tried countless diets, pills, supervised diets, classes
everything to help her become a healthier person, but nothing has
seemed to work for her. I know that if she was to have the gastric
bypass surgery that she so longs for, her life would brighten up
finally and she wouldnt have all these medical problems that
continously plague her.

Rather than asking for donations, I asked my mom to start making me
some quilt blocks so I could sell them online to make some money for
college bills. She is a very honest, loving person and would never ask
anyone for anything; in fact she would probably be embarassed if she
knew that I had done this for just because she would feel that people
would think she was begging which she is not. She is an absolutely
WONDERFUL quilter. She thinks the only chance she might have funding
her surgery would be to sell her award winning quilt which is listed
on ebay right now *You can see it if you look up "Starranch1" on ebay
members*. I really dont want her to do that since it is her prized
posession, so I am going to try my luck and see how I do at helping my
mom.

Heres what I ask from my moms fellow quilters in the world,

Send a donation of one dollar, or whatever you wish, and I will send
you a heart quilt block for each dollar recieved. Either to use them
in a quilt or a picture frame, they are beautiful. The dimensions are
3 1/4" inches square and when sewn into a quilt 2 3/4" square. Need
certain colors? Just ask! Please send all donations with a self
address stamped envelope so i can send the blocks back to you. If you
have any questions please feel free to contact me!

Donations can be sent to:

Cheyne Maclaskey

Thank you so much and GOD BLESS YOU!

If you have any questions, please email me at