Old August 13th 05, 05:54 PM
Julia in MN

My sewing room had a hardwood floor when we moved in and I love it. The
floor under the built-in desk where I have my sewing machine was quite
scratched up when we moved in, and the floor really could use
refinishing, so I don't worry about scratching it. I do use my rolling
chair in the dining room when I am machine quilting a large quilt and
haven't noticed any scratches as a result. I don't think the rolling
chair is any harder on the floor than the regular dining room chairs. We
put hardwood in the living/dining room and hall 4 years ago, and this
summer we put it in the bedroom. It is easy to take care of and not too
cold underfoot (though we have a heated basement underneath us, and I'm
sure that helps).

If you like hardwood, you might also consider laminate flooring. It's
somewhat less expensive and could even be a do-it-yourself project.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/