Old January 6th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Default Body Obstacles

You hit the nail on the head there, afford.

It is only half covered by medical. Half of it would be medical reasoning,
they consider the other half to be elective and therefore not covered. I do
not have the extra $8,000 or so to get the job done because the infamous
"they" consider it to be a cosmetic thing.

~KK in BC~ who has done the appointments and research and found out it is
cheaper to get em stuck on that to cut em off......... friend of mine got
some put on for about $4000.

"lisa skeen" wrote in message
nk.net...
Ok, I have to ask this. If your 'bazooms' are so large and uncomfortable,
why do you keep them? I have a friend who is 5'2" and MAYBE 100lbs if
she's soaking wet and holding a can o' soup.... anyway, she was in the D+
range and had reduction; she says it's made a huge difference. Mine are
C, and I'd have them reduced if Ic ould afford such....

"~KK in BC~" wrote in message
Something I have never been able to do is get a professional fitting and
OH I wish I could. I have the issue of 40 DDD or possibly an F but who
knows (yes au natural)? I wear what I can get into and that's that.
Besides, they are bloody EXPENSIVE to purchase! Where I live, we have no
lingerie shops or specialty shops for those women who don't know how to
measure their bazooms.......... and now? my poor poor daughter is turning
14 and wearing at least a 36 C right now... and even those look too small
on her....

As you are a garment maker, how do you measure for the correct fit?
And why do you prefer the underwire?

I would love to be able to measure her and at least get close to what
size she should be wearing........ lord knows mother nature will have her
way with all of them eventually but if I can make it comfortable for her
now, maybe she will keep up the measure and fit part.

Oh lord how does one get from machine placement to bazooms??? Women and
the track the conversations take!

~KK in BC~ whose bazooms have lost their zoom but maybe there is hope for
the daughter LOL

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
lisa skeen wrote:

er....32F? Is that some kind of a British bra measurement? Or a 32
year old female?

Bra sizes are the same here as in the USA. 32 band size, F cup size.
There's more front than back here! And I'm 49, not 32 years old!

Bra cup sizes got up to J if you look in the right places. My problem
is that the bra-makers expect someone with my measurements to be a 19 YO
with plastic enhancements, rather than a 49 YO au naturelle! As a
professional dressmaker, I pay a LOT of attention to bras and whether or
not they fit properly. Did you know that more than 75% of women wear
the WRONG size? And the most common error they make is buying too big a
band size with too small a cup size.

Bras are like shoes: the 'right' size in one make may fit you better
than the right size in another. A good fitter will be able to fit you
into not just the right size, but also the right style and make for your
shape. I find the best fit for me at present are Fantasy and Marks &
Spencers (and a lot of their bras are made for them by Charnos) in a
32F. The best style is a half cup with underwires and no padding.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!