Old November 9th 04, 06:34 PM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

"Marcella Tracy Peek" wrote in message

I like the fiberglass ones I buy at quilt shows. You can, however,
order them online now.

http://www.miracleironing.com/

So, what features do you like about this cover? Please tell!

Wears really well. The seam binding doesn't rip off the cover when you
try to pull the string tight around the ironing board. Ink from paper
piecing foundations, sticky stuff from fusibles and any other grunge
that's touched it all washes right off, no scrubbing/stain
remover/incatations required.

It reflects the heat from the iron. So a not so hot iron works better
than it should.

The cover on my regular ironing board - used for quilting until I got
the big board last month, and for all clothing, and yes, I am one of
those crazy people who irons the laundry every week - has lasted 4 years
now. It does have a worn spot on the side that I patched with a double
layer of heavy muslin.

The con is that it's slippery. A slinky blouse placed on it will
instantly slide to the floor. It took some getting used to so that
clothing stayed put. I don't really have that problem with fabric and,
the blocks I sew generally don't hang over the side of the board anyway.

marcella