Old January 6th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Default Body Obstacles

lisa skeen wrote:

er....32F? Is that some kind of a British bra measurement? Or a 32 year
old female?

Bra sizes are the same here as in the USA. 32 band size, F cup size.
There's more front than back here! And I'm 49, not 32 years old!

Bra cup sizes got up to J if you look in the right places. My problem
is that the bra-makers expect someone with my measurements to be a 19 YO
with plastic enhancements, rather than a 49 YO au naturelle! As a
professional dressmaker, I pay a LOT of attention to bras and whether or
not they fit properly. Did you know that more than 75% of women wear
the WRONG size? And the most common error they make is buying too big a
band size with too small a cup size.

Bras are like shoes: the 'right' size in one make may fit you better
than the right size in another. A good fitter will be able to fit you
into not just the right size, but also the right style and make for your
shape. I find the best fit for me at present are Fantasy and Marks &
Spencers (and a lot of their bras are made for them by Charnos) in a
32F. The best style is a half cup with underwires and no padding.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!