Old August 17th 05, 04:27 PM
Bootleg Dick

MCC:

Thank you. I may make one of these, too! The instructions are very good.

Warmest regards,

Bootleg Dick

"MCC" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 21:51:24 -0700, Bootleg Dick wrote:

Hello, all.

I am seeking leads or other information on hoe to make a rope ladder (or
ratline) like one sees on ships hundreds of years old. Every "lead" I
have
so far found on the Internet is to the more moddern type with wooden
rungs.
But I'm looking to make the whole thing out of rope. And I want it to be
useable (weight bearing).

Any clues?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I have copied the instructions for making a rope ladder from The Shell
Book
of Knots and Ropework, published 1977, and put them on my website at
http://www.orcadian.plus.com/ladder/ladder.html

Hope it is of some help.
--
MCC