Old October 25th 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Michael[_2_]

Default Worden and Odyssey Lamps

JK wrote:

Very nice job for a 1st lamp!

**************
Thank you for the kind words, JK. I had a lot of help from the good
folks in the group here. Of course, the light is kind and tends to
draw attention to the glass instead of the workmanship. There are
some gaps between pieces that are too big. I'm also not totally
thrilled with a couple of my glass choices.

This next lamp will be a different experience, being an Odyssey
instead of a Worden. On the Worden I did the fit, grind, foil, and
solder in many iterations. With the Odyssey I plan on coating the
mold with beeswax and sticking the parts on there and fitting and
grinding and then foiling them all at once and then soldering all at
once. I'm thinking this will prove to be a more efficient method.
The Odyssey is also going to hang from the ceiling, so I'm going to
get some experience with the mechanics of that.

Michael