Old August 19th 03, 09:34 AM
cas

just remember that anything you make that even slightly resembles that story
is going to Wendy as a constant reminder of her guilt (just so you don't
send me something that makes me think of dog puke).

cas

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
LOL, how kind of you to put yourself in troubles way simply to amuse me.
What a clever young lady you were to think of such a plausible excuse.
It reminds me of the way DH got around waiting for Xmas morning to open
pressies. He simply told his parents that Westie went after the packages

get the chocolate inside. Westie did get a small taste of choccie for
playing the fall guy.
Thanks for the great story. Now when I do get to work with those two

colors
of cas's I know I wont be able to get the doggie puke story out of my

head.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"frood" wrote in message
m...
Oh, my, does that combo bring back memories of a funny story! This ought

amuse you, Diana. Just don't tell my mom the real truth, ok?

While I was in high school, my parents decided that I was old enough to

stay
home by myself, while they went on vacation. So, being an intelligent

girl,
what did I do? I threw a party, of course! My parent's had recently
re-decorated the living room, with sea-foam green carpet. My mother was

so
proud of that carpet.

Well, over the course of the party, someone (I'll not name her here -

this
is archived forever, after all!) spilled a large glass of Hawaiian

Punch.
threw some baking soda on the spill, and decided to think about it the

next
day. The next morning, I looked at the spill, and man, was it bad! Off

the store for carpet cleaner. Then more carpet cleaner. Consulted every
Hints from Heloise book the library had in stock. It was still pink.

Mom and Dad come home. Notice the carpet right away. "oh, the poor dog!"

said. "he got into the big dog's food, ate it all and moaned and

groaned,
thought he was going to die! So, I gave him some pepto bismol. Then he

threw
up! I cleaned it as best as I could, but I'm sorry, I couldn't get the

stain
out!" Since the poor dog in question couldn't defend himself, and was,

in
fact, prone to eating the big dog's food, then moaning for hours

afterwards,
and since there was no other evidence to suggest something else had
happened, my parent's had no choice but to take my word for it. I did

make
sure the dog got as many doggie treats as I could afford for the rest of

his
life.

To this day, my mother has no idea of the real story. This even came up

this
past Christmas! My mother *knows* something else happened, but has no
evidence! Well, until I published it here on the internet that is!
--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply